PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (Friday, May 10, 2019) — Today, Dolly Parton officially opened Wildwood Grove, the largest expansion in the history of Dollywood theme park. During an early morning media event, Parton shared the inspiration and dreams that led to the creation of Wildwood Grove, calling the area the new standard for Dollywood. The first new area added to Dollywood since Wilderness Pass in 2008, Wildwood Grove provides guests of all sizes unique experiences to enjoy together as a family.
“When I was a little girl growing up in the hills of the Smoky Mountains, I’d often let my imagination just run away—something I still do now—dreaming these big dreams about what it’d be like to venture off with a family of bears in to the woods or how fun it would be to hitch a ride with the butterflies and dragonflies,” Parton shares. “All us kids would splash and play in the creeks and ponds around home and have these daydreams about the world around us, and that’s what’s so special about Wildwood Grove. We’ve been able to create a new area to allow families to experience some of those exact dreams we all had when we were little. I hope families will enjoy laughing, playing, and exploring together in this great new place that truly does feel like home for me.”
Dollywood Company President Craig Ross explains the significance of the newest addition to the storied theme park. “Without doubt, this is one of the most exciting days in the history of our company. We were able to take many of Dolly’s childhood dreams and create experiences that are uniquely Smoky Mountain-themed and really help tell the story of this beautiful area. I know our guests will be thrilled with the great diversity of attractions they will be able to enjoy when they visit Wildwood Grove.”
In Wildwood Grove, imagination takes flight, delivering explorers on a journey of discovery and featuring remarkable sights. Here’s a little information about some of the new attractions:
– The Wildwood Tree comes to life each evening during a unique nighttime experience which begins June 15. Each season of the year features a spectacular new experience for guests. The Wildwood Tree features nearly 650 lighted butterflies (orange, blue, yellow, pink and multi-colored) and almost 9000 leaves.
– Dragonflier— This thrilling suspended roller coaster lets guests soar with a dragonfly as it dips and darts along the gushing geysers and lush landscape of Wildwood Grove.
– Black Bear Trail— Riders hop on the back of these friendly bears for a spirited trek through their natural habitat.
– Great Tree Swing— Guests aboard this thrilling “leaf boat” swing back and forth just like a leaf falling from a giant sycamore tree.
– Treetop Tower— This family tower gives guests a sky-high view of Wildwood Grove as they soar nearly 40 feet in the air. Riders, seated inside giant acorns, spin around the top of a tall oak tree before gently drifting back to the grove floor.
– The Mad Mockingbird— Tennessee’s state bird—the mockingbird—gives visitors a lift as it flies in a high speed circle around a tall tree. Riders control their ride experience by moving a sail as the birds rush above the ground.
– Frogs & Fireflies— Adventurous guests can hop aboard friendly frogs as they chase each other in a spirited race around the lily pad.
– Hidden Hollow— This 4,000 sq. ft., climate-controlled area allows families to explore and play in an indoor environment.
– Wildwood Creek features pop jets, splashing pools and more wet play activities, while the dry play area at Wildwood Creek features “music instruments” for guests to enjoy.
– Three new costume characters call Wildwood Grove home. Flit and Flutter serve as Wildwood Grove’s ambassadors and Benjamin Bear loves to make new friends. Characters will have scheduled opportunities to meet guests each day.
For more information, visit Dollywood.com or call 1-800-DOLLYWOOD.
Billy Blackwood: That’s a Brother!
Wedding Plans for Gordon Mote’s Daughter
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.