UPDATE [AUG. 14, 2017]
from The Hoppers Facebook page…
Friends, we cannot begin to thank you for all of this support. Your outpouring of love and prayers have been simply overwhelming. At this time, Dean’s blood levels are not where the doctors feel safe to operate. His procedure has been postponed until next week. We will keep you informed as things are rescheduled.
Madison, NC — Many may know that Dean suffered two strokes back in December due to a physical abnormality. Where there should be two vertebral veins carrying blood into the brain, Dean only has one, and it is 80-90% blocked due to its shape. This, unfortunately, caused three more strokes in the last week.
Testing has determined that he is an excellent candidate for a stent to be placed in the narrow vertebral vein, and with this surgery, his continued heart-healthy diet and medications, doctors hope this will keep him out of the woods. The surgery is scheduled for Monday morning and, while we are thrilled with this “answer”, we still covet your prayers for Dean and the family at this time. In the ensuing weeks, he will be at home resting and recovering from surgery.
Source: The Hoppers
Date: August 11, 2017
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.